Crisp, juicy, fresh produce is the key to the quality and flavor of simple dishes, especially when it comes to a chilled salad. Refrigeration is especially important for berries, which soften and lose their juiciness after they sit at room temperature. The best storage temperature range for berries, greens, and other market produce is 34°F – 40°F.
Combining few ingredients with varying flavors elevates an otherwise ordinary dish to the next level. This chilled salad recipe showcases flavors of refreshing cucumber, sweet and slightly tart blackberries, and heats things up with spicy chili flakes. Try this exotic taste in your home with this delicious recipe, or try it directly, visiting the yourkohsamuivillas.com this summer, where it is one of many specialities.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 cup mild microgreens
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Chili flakes to taste
- Flake salt to taste
- Thinly slice cucumber into rounds or ribbons.
- Arrange cucumber ribbons on a serving dish.
- Scatter blackberries and microgreens over the top.
- Evenly drizzle oil and red wine vinegar over the salad.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chili flakes and salt.
- Serve chilled for maximum crispness.
- Use a vegetable peeler or spiralizer with ribbon attachment to cut your cucumber into ribbons for an elevated presentation.
- Prepare salad up to an hour in advance and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
U-Line’s advanced refrigeration systems are designed to preserve your favorite produce at its optimal temperature, ensuring the quality and flavor of your ingredients. Explore U-Line’s full range of Solid Door Refrigerators to meet all your refrigeration and lifestyle needs.