Preparing for a big party or even a small get together can be stressful. Making sure the house is clean, planning the food and beverage menu, running to the grocery store to grab all of your ingredients – probably heading to the grocery store again because you always forget something, and cooking quickly to make sure everything is ready in time are all big tasks to take on.
Lift some of the stress by preparing a make-ahead appetizer. This recipe requires no cooking, and will wait anxiously in your refrigerator until you’re ready to party.
Makes 12 servings
- 2 bosc pears
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Almond Ricotta
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- Your favorite baguette, sliced & toasted
- Extra thyme leaves
- Flake salt
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar & honey or agave until combined – set aside.
- Combine diced pears and thyme leaves in a bowl.
- Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the pears, and gently fold to coat each piece of pear.
- Cover the bruschetta with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator.
- To make the almond ricotta, place all ingredients in a high power blender or food processor and blend until it resembles a ricotta like consistency – creamy with a little graininess to it.
- Once you have your desired consistency, transfer to a jar and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Spread almond ricotta on toasted baguette slices & top with a spoonful of bruschetta.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and a few flakes of salt.
With U-Line, appetizers, cocktail mixers, and wine keep their cool until your guests arrive. Explore U-Line’s full range of Beverage Centers to find the perfect accompaniment to any room.